Drawing Series: Bears
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- Identify key features of a bear which you’ll apply in your own work
- Use simple organic shapes to create adorable animal characters
- Plan your character to inject more personality and magic into your work
- Apply all you’ve learnt to sketch and add colour to your final character
We’ll be doing a few warm-up sketches using the fun shapes included in the Class Resources. Once you’re warmed up, start planning your cute bear character. Using any drawing medium you feel comfortable with, sketch out your final character, then add colour.
Feel free to use either digital or analogue tools, or both!
Getting started and warming up
- Start Here
- Course Resources
- Bear Study: What makes a bear a bear?
Fun with simple shapes
- 5 Simple Shapes = 5 Cute Bears
- Using two different shapes to create a Bear Character
Planning and creating your final Bear Character
- How to plan your Character
- Final Character: Sketching
- Final Character: Adding colour
- More fun examples and final thoughts
- Additional Resources
START A CONVERSATION OR ASK A QUESTION