Using Procreate with Illustrator to enhance your vector drawings
Harness the hand drawn quality of Procreate to take your vector drawings to the next level!
COURSE LENGTH: 1h 16m
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN IN THIS COURSE
- How Procreate can add texture and dimension to your vector work
- A simple workflow you can adapt to fit your style and work
- Why there’s no need to buy additional Procreate brushes for great results
- The best texture settings for Image Trace in Illustrator
- Techniques you can apply to any vector project!
You’ll be creating a character either based on yourself, a friend or your imagination using the techniques from the class. Starting in Procreate with your rough, then adding lovely textured fill-areas. We’ll then hop over to Adobe Illustrator to complete the character.
Alternatively, you could rework an older vector drawing you’d like to enhance and add texture to.
- Start Here
- Course Resources
- Equipment used in class
Working in Procreate
- Choosing the correct Canvas size
- How to avoid brush overwhelm
- Sketching your Character
- Refine your Character
- Adding textured shapes to build our Character
- Adding shadow for dimension
- Exporting from Procreate
Working in Adobe Illustrator
- Image Trace in Adobe Illustrator
- Applying colour to your drawing in Adobe Illustrator
- Adding details to your Character
- How to create a quick super-cute pattern
- More examples and final thoughts
START A CONVERSATION OR ASK A QUESTION