Procreate is one of the best drawing apps out there, but if you're a die-hard vector fan (like me) that loves Adobe Illustrator, you might be wondering how you could use Procreates' raster artwork in your workflow and still maintain the vector-based flexibility. The great news is, you can!
Since discovering how to successfully integrate Procreate into my vector work, it has become an essential tool that saves me hours. Not only can Procreate add a new dimension to your work, it's proven to be a great partner to Illustrator resulting in an authentic hand-drawn quality in less time.
In this class I'll take you through a step-by-step workflow I use to create my vector drawings. Learn time-saving tips and techniques that you can integrate into your creative process, and use Procreate more effectively in your work that’s 100% vector.
Here's what you'll learn in the class:
- How Procreate can add texture and dimension to your vector work - A simple workflow you can adapt to fit your style and work - Why there's no need to buy additional Procreate brushes for great results - The best texture settings for Image Trace in Illustrator - Techniques you can apply to any vector project!
Supplies used in this class
- iPad - Apple Pencil or stylus - Procreate app - Adobe Illustrator
What students are saying:
This class is full of golden nuggets even for someone who has used illustrator and procreate quite a bit. Ilze Lucero
This class opened my mind to the possibilities of working on my ipad and give my illustrations a hand drawn feel but be able to use Illustrator at the same time. Highly recommended! Jaqui Falkenheim
This class was clear, fun and easy to follow, while being packed with useful tips. I learned lots of new things and ways to streamline processes. I've been a fan since I stumbled upon The Honest Designers and appreciate that Lisa shares her knowledge so freely, honestly and humbly. I am truly inspired by Lisa and her art makes me want to jump in and live alongside all of the friends she creates. Penny Murphy
Such a fun way to explore using procreate with vector graphics in Illustrator. I love Illustrator and I was hoping to find a way to integrate the two programs. I can see a lot of new creative possibilities in my future with surface design. Cindy Venuto
How does it work?
Once your order is complete, you will have access to a pdf download that will include a link to your course and your private password to access the page. The course consists of 13 video lessons you can watch at your own pace and will never expire.
Course: Using Procreate with Illustrator to Enhance Your Vector Drawings
In this class I’ll take you through a step-by-step workflow I use to create my vector drawings and how I use Procreate as part of my workflow.
What you'll learn in the class:
- How Procreate can add texture and dimension to your vector work
- A simple workflow you can adapt to fit your style and work
- Why there's no need to buy additional Procreate brushes for great results
- The best texture settings for Image Trace in Illustrator
- Techniques you can apply to any vector project!
- Adobe Illustrator
- iPad with Procreate installed